Monday, April 6, 2026

Beach Trip 2026

 

    Totally fumbled this trip, man. It just wasn't in the stars. I thought I was going to have a 2012 blast, but alas. Nothing turns out the way you want it to, Anyways, it's still a trip to the beach and it's always nice to be there. It's all about relinquishing control. I just wish I was in a better mental state while I was there.

    The coast is always gloomy during the spring, so I didn't know why I expected paradise, lol! That didn't stop me from getting some froyo and taking a beach walk. 


    They had a giant cross up for Easter. Here I am standing next to it for size reference. lol.


    After that, my brothers and I went to the pool/hot tub. The usual, lol. The hot tub feels great after walking in the cold ocean water. 

    Unfortunately, I was running on 2 hours of sleep, so I knocked out pretty quickly. I couldn't sleep throughout the night, so I ended up having a breakdown into the early hours of the morning. I was crying in the bathroom because I couldn't fall asleep.

    I managed to get some sleep after that, guess I tired myself out. I woke up wanting some candy from the candy store, due to late-night TikTok scrolling. I managed to find those Swedish gummy candies at the candy shop and I felt like a fucking dumbass buying them, lol. It had an AI unicorn on it and everything.

How I felt buying the swedish candy.

    We got boba after that and it took forever, lmao. I kept asking for different things because they ran out of basically everything. There was no boba, lmao! No boba at the boba shop!! I got an ube latte in the end, it was pretty good. 

    The sunset ended up being very beautiful. I had never seen these colors at the beach before, so this was really nice. 


    I slept better that night. Not great, but better. I was able to get out of the hotel room and grab a coffee. I had a vanilla rose latte and a croissant breakfast sandwich. Pretty good! 
My mom and I took a walk on the beach; The weather was great this day! The sun came out and it was hot enough to go for a swim in the ocean.


    It got fucking hot in those sweatpants. I changed into my swimsuit immediately, even though I'm beginning to hate it. It's becoming a lot more saggier on my body now. Oh Nooo!!! lol. I probably won't get a new swimsuit, a new wardrobe for that matter, until I lose all my weight. I felt kinda silly, almost childish, wearing it. I want to wear cuter, more flattering clothes. I've always had trouble fitting into bathing suits in the past, so there's a wound there I have to work on.

Still less self-conscious than before!

    The water felt great! Unfortunately, every time a huge wave hit my torso, my bottoms would drag down. I need a one piece and some goggles when I get in there, I'm not fucking around. I love going under the waves, or with them when they hit. Lots of fun! We swam in the pool after that and then got ready to visit the dollar store real quick before dinner. There was a pet store next 
door, so we went inside and looked around.

Suspicious ass birds...

VERY COOL!

    The reptile room was pretty neat, the reptiles were either hiding or just chilling. We had to leave after that for dinner, since the sun was setting and the winds were picking up. We chose to eat at a restaurant with outdoor seating, so that we could see the ocean. It was so cold!!

Very good sandwich. I had been wanting to try that raspberry rose popping drink. It was good.


Can never go wrong!
    The cold didn't stop me from eating more yogurt, lmao!! I was able to take my lactaid pills this time, beotch!!! We went back to the hotel room and chilled for the rest of the night.

some of my Dollar tree finds

    I was able to sleep good because of all the shit I did that day. It was my first full night of sleep. Boo!! My mom and I got up for one last breakfast before we left. We went to one of our favorite places called the Honeymoon Cafe. I love their Wild Alaskan Toast!

My toast and London Fog!

    We walked around for a bit to find some breakfast to bring home to my brothers. We came across this tunnel we never thought to go through at night.


    We grabbed a coffee and headed back to the hotel room to pack up. I got a White Mocha kiss, which is basically a white mocha with any berry syrup you want; My mom got raspberry, while I got strawberry. Yum!! Then, we were gone!!

peace out bitches

    When we got home, I unpacked and ended up falling asleep at 8 PM. I didn't wake up until 6 AM. Solid. Sleep. I have been like that for the past couple of days. It's been nice falling asleep so early, sleeping all the way through the night, and waking up early. I can't believe it took a vacation for me to find that rythym. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing!! It drained all of my energy.

    Regardless of my own struggles with my on/off insomnia and mental health, it was a good trip. It's never a bad time at the beach. I wish I was in a better headspace though. There's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Movie Night

      It's the day after the Quince and I basically slept all day. I only had 3 hours of sleep before getting up and helping decorate. I...