| What does this even mean?? Overdose? |
As mentioned in the title, I guess I'm not done with pastels!! As I was looking through the Tumblr Grunge aesthetic of the 2012's, I was seeing a lot more neon and pastel colors. I challenged myself to not wear anymore pink for the rest of Autumn, but after looking through these blogs, it's getting a bit hard not to wear pastels! To be fair, I did just say pink...
Let's reflect... Why would I force myself to wear things that I don't want to wear? Why would I refuse to wear the clothes I like the most? That would not be very inauthentic of me. Don't get me wrong, I do love my jewel tone pieces, I've just found that I love cool-tone colors the most! However, that doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of my pieces, or not wear them ever! I just like to bring them out during the Fall. I want to wear them during the Fall.
So, I'm going to try and balance my pastel pieces with my warmer pieces. I think when I say "pastel", I just mean mostly purple, pink, seafoam green, and white. I've already made a couple of outfits with my warmer pieces! There were 2 outfits that I feel the best in, but the rest were a bit lackluster. I have these really pretty statement pieces, just not a lot of clothes that could go with it. I have a lot of clothes, yet not a lot? lol.
I don't really have a lot of clothes? I can't match a lot of my items with my jewel tone clothes. As I've mentioned on my blog before, I've been on a health journey. I have lost a lot of weight since last year, so I had to get rid of a lot of clothes. I also have been hesitant to purchase any more clothes since I'm still losing weight. But, I think I'm at a point where I can at least thrift some more clothes. I think if I had more prettier pieces to match with my other pretty pieces, I would feel more secure with my outfits.
I think that's it, lmao. I got rid of everything but my basics! So, I guess I'm on the hunt for more statement pieces to go with my nicer clothes. Cuzzz I'm trying to make cute outfits and they look fucking stupid!! They aren't turning out the way I had hoped they would! Booooo!!! >:((((( There are only so many times I can wear the only pair of high-waisted jeans shorts with tights, lol.
In the meantime, I'm just gonna make due with what I got! Honestly, I don't get out of the house much, so what would be the point of getting more clothes if I can't wear them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to go out and look :/ It's fun to grab a coffee and browse! I don't do anything else, man :((( And I don't buy things frivolously, even though it's second hand. I'm a smart shopper ;)
With that being said, I'm going to provide some more images to add to my "2012 Tumblr Grunge" mood board. It's also going to act as a wishlist of items that I hope to find at the thrift!
I'm looking for more purple of any shade! I particularly love lilac, but any shade of purple is good to me! Surprisingly, even though purple is my favorite color, I don't have a lot of purple clothes. It's a really hard color to find at the thrift store for me, due to my size and preferences. I think if I had more purple pieces, it would probably be the color I wear all year round.
I have about 5 crushed velvet/velvet pieces? 3 of them are dresses, lol! Velvet is a warm material to wear, and 3 of my velvet pieces have long sleeves. I guess I would like more variety? I would love more pastel velvet pieces, that's for sure. I would probably wear velvet shorts or a skirt year round as well.



Flouncy shorts! I used to have a couple, but I wore the crap out of them and donated them. I don't know if they'd even fit me now. I'm looking for flouncy shorts that are lacey, ruffley, or floral printed! I want to be able to pair them with tee's, tanks, tights and thigh highs. I don't have the best luck finding shorts at the thrift either, so this will be challenging!
I'm looking for more babydoll or collared dresses. I would love to find some to wear casually, you know? With some sandals or boots. It's one of those items I daydream about! I just love mixing hard and soft things together.



I would love more baggy t-shirts. I don't have any more baggy tee's, unfortunately. They all got old and ratty, quick. Or! They have been designated as sleeping shirts! I don't have a lot of them either, lol. I used to live in t-shirts, so I try not to buy them any more. I also used to wear them big, so I also forced myself to buy more form-fitting shirts. I used to be self-conscious about my body. But, alas! I need them to layer over dresses or to wear with midi/maxi skirts. I'm looking for cool prints and band tees, man.



Floral Prints!!! I used to hate floral print because I wore it so much in high school! As I got older, I began to think floral prints were dated. Now that I'm an adult, and I haven't worn floral print in a long time, I am finding myself more attracted to it. Especially in this color palette! I love pink. I love purple. We get iiittttt, pastels!!!
This kind of leans more into the "pastel goth" aesthetic, which I don't have a problem with. I think I'll throw that aesthetic onto the moodboard as well. "Kawaii Grunge", as they would call it. I like it. And please, do not conflate this with actual "grunge". I am not grunge, I am a goth who likes to reference old internet fashion in her wardrobe. :3
I don't want to stop wearing all of my pastels, so I won't force myself. I just want to make sure I wear the clothes I designated for this particular season. I also need to find more nice clothes in silhouettes that feel good to me. I don't want to feel stupid in an outfit I don't feel confident in, or authentic to me. Wish me luck!








No comments:
Post a Comment