Evil Dead (2013), hell fucking yeah baby!!! I know plenty of The Evil Dead (1981) fans thought that this film was gorey for the sake of cheap thrills. That's how I felt about Evil Dead Burn (2026), so, full circle! But I thought the extreme element to this film was fucking awesome! It was done in a very exaggerated, theatrical way that felt intense at the same time. I was more frightened and disturbed by the deadites in this film over the 1981 deadites. This movie is fucking sick.
Jane Levy was phenomenal in this film. She looks so cool in the deadite make-up, very freaky looking. That was probably the best the make-up ever looked, right next to Alyssa Sutherland in Evil Dead Rise (2023). I was not so impressed with Evil Dead Burn. It is my least favorite film yet. And to think I was a bit disappointed in Rise... Anyways, the make-up paired with Levy's performance is so fucking freaky to watch! I love it.
I personally love possession films. However, There are not a lot of good possession films and a lot of them are exploitative of the women/girls starring in them. Think thin white nightgowns and no braziers. Like, The Exorcist (1973) already exists, you can stop trying to reheat its nachos, HOE!! There are different formulas to follow and create, get innovative!! I love when horror is used as a metaphor (I bet you're tired of reading that sentence). I do!! "Being Possessed" can mean many things.
I considered myself "possessed" between the years of 2017 and 2022. That's 5 years, man. I was suffering from dissociation, maladaptive daydreaming, insomnia, depression and self-harm. I started to become obsessed with angel numbers, spirits and pain. I would stay up late, paranoid, because I thought low vibrational entities would possess me again. I felt them watching me in my sleep. I would stay up past 3:33 AM to avoid any supernatural happening that might occur. I was going craz-ay!!
So, possession films mean a lot to me. Especially Evil Dead (2013) because of its violence and visceral-ness. There was so much pain and anger inside of me. I wish I could've gone crazy like deadite Mia. I felt like my pain was not being seen and ignored. I was honest and I reached out for help, but it wasn't enough to save me. What's it going to take for someone to pay attention to me? Help me? I'm dying inside! Being possessed by demons is the physical manifestation of the trauma, of things unsaid or ignored. You will witness the pain!
I would like to say that I am a completely different person now. I no longer suffer in those ways anymore. I have learned to help myself in the best ways that I can. I don't get "possessed" by low vibrational entities anymore. I think I've gotten a lot softer the older I get. I'm not so vicious inside. I like to have a lot of fun these days!! And I think Evil Dead is fun!!
There is another film, Evil Dead Wrath, coming out in April of 2028. It is supposed to be a prequel to the very first Evil Dead film. I typically don't like how modern films try to replicate an older decade. The actors have iphone faces, the wardrobe is lackluster and cheap looking, and it's filmed with fucking digital YouTube video cameras. It's a goddamn eyesore. So, I hope the film looks decent enough to watch. Either way, I'm watching that movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment