I had the chance to plan out a zombie themed make-up look. I think the colors are too similar to the Frankenstein look, as I used the same palette. I think I will use more taupes then reds in the Frankenstein look. Possibly some purples. I don't know when we started adding purple to Frankenstein's color palette, it just makes sense.
I think I will get rid of the "cat-eye" shape and round the shadow up. I want to be less heavy handed with the black shadow because I want to see more of the maroon. I'm going to make the green center a bit smaller as well. I also need different lashes with this look, the ones I'm wearing are way too big. But, everything else looks great! I especially love the green highlighter I used.
I screenshotted this sequence of numbers (it means something to me) and noticed that the colors matched my eyes. heh. What a coincidence! Anyways, I took this screenshot on the way to my grandparents house. We are going to have company very soon, so we decided to get a headstart on cleaning. When my grandma was alive, she did not want to throw anything away. She kept a lot of things, which was so fun to look through as a teen who loved vintage clothes.
There were a lot of things she kept that she didn't really need, so she accumulated a lot of stuff in the house. A lot of stuff. A lot. Last year, we cleaned out the kitchen; Every drawer, every cabinet, every cupboard, every oven (there are 2), we emptied it. And it was a lot! I think the kitchen had the most stuff, to be honest.
Anyways, we are finally able to clean out the house. I'm not saying that with any malintent. It has been 6 years since my grandma passed, and 1 year since my grandpa passed. We have allowed ourselves a lot of time to grieve. There are a lot of things we won't be getting rid of, but as for the other stuff... We won't be needing. There are a lot of antiques in the garage, so after we decide what to keep, we'd like to sell them. I'd like for them to go to a nice home.
But, one room at a time!! I am very sorry to my grandma, but we threw a lot of stuff away. There were a lot of old and broken decorations, destroyed blankets, broken drawers and trash in general. We even took out a twin size mattress, since there is a king size mattress there already. lol. There are also a lot of pictures, there are probably pictures in every drawer of the house. No joke. I even found some old pictures of me.
We don't have pictures of me as a kid around the house. I think they're all at my grandparent's house. Oftentimes, I don't like to look back on that time of my life. I don't have a lot of good memories. It makes me kind of sick to see myself as a child, remembering all of the pain that I was in. It hurts me. Maybe that's a sign to acknowledge my inner toddler/baby. Eugh.
All we are is just memories in a drawer, next to broken candles and old Christmas decor. Look at me in my little chef's hat. I was a cute baby, right? Would you frame me? I was a baby once. Why was everything so fucked up, man??? Now I'm 28 and I'm going to be Cinderella for Halloween. Fuck you. I love you baby me.
Okay, no more moping. We made great progress in the room we were cleaning, since we basically threw a bunch of stuff in the trash. We put clothes to donate in a bag, threw some blankets in the washing machine. I think the rest of the rooms will be that way. I was cleaning out the dresser that was in there and found some pajamas. My mom told me that they were my grandmother's. I saw it as a gift.
They are vintage Paris Blues. I can't find any information about these pj's, so it's hard for me to determine what year they're from. Probably the 90's. It's made entirely out of polyester and not the shitty polyester from today. I love all of these colors, I think I would have gone crazy over these pajamas as a teen. I love the floral print and silk trimming as well!
They fit perfectly! After we finished cleaning, we went home and ate dinner. I had thrown the clothes I found in the washer, dryer, then I took a shower. It felt very nice to put on these freshly dried pajamas. I even did a sheet mask to relax. Thank you Grandma, for the new pj set <333


No comments:
Post a Comment