Monday, September 14, 2026

Day 14 - Your favourite zombie film


    I love found-footage horror films!!! I love them so much!!! I already love when I'm completely submerged in a horror film. Found-footage takes it to another level for me, especially when the writers and directors do everything they can to make everything seem authentic. This is when I want my film to seem like a YouTube video.

    I remember watching Quarantine (2008) when I was younger. I had no idea that it was a remake of the 2007 Spanish film Rec (2007). I just remember Quarantine being kind of scary. And guess who's in the 2008 remake? None other than Jennifer Carpenter herself. She's done a lot of voice acting as well! Didn't know that.


    I can't tell you exactly when I first watched Rec (2007), it might have been a long time ago. But, the most vivid memory I have is the time I watched it with my grandfather, like, 2 years ago! We would pick my grandpa up during the summer and bring him to our cooler house. We'd have dinner and watch a movie together. This time, my mom was wondering what movie we should put on for him. I remembered Rec being a Spanish language movie... That was the only way we were going to watch a scary movie together, lmao!!! We watched it together... My grandpa's always like, "Nothing scares me!". I think he was a bit freaked out, lmao! But we had a good time watching it.

    Okay, so I like zombies. I like the idea of zombies. Unfortunately, there are very few films with zombies that I like, let alone love. I like to watch Resident Evil (2002) and Dawn of the Dead (2004) as my guilty pleasures. The Return of the Living Dead (1985) is a really fun watch, I love the Tarman Zombie. There are plenty of other films to watch, both new and old. You can call me a hypocrite, it's okay. I will repent. Like I said, it's the concept of zombies that freaks me out.

    It's the body horror that freaks me out the most. Imagine a person getting mutilated; We see this all the time with bear attacks. A person's face can be ripped clean off, but they can still live. That is fucking chilling. Now, imagine that person as one of the undead, except now they want to fucking eat you. They can tear you apart with their bare hands and eat your flesh. They will eat you alive. ALIVE! And then... They can come in swarms. Imagine being eaten alive by a giant group of zombies, all of them fighting to tear you apart. You can do nothing but watch as they tear your abdomen open, wringing out your intestines and eating them. And all you can smell is rotting flesh and iron. That is so fucked up to me.


    Recently, I've been trying to watch all of George A. Romero's movies. I want to watch Dawn of the Dead (1978), I might have to borrow my mom's streaming services for that film. I have yet to find what I'm looking for in a zombie film that explores my personal fears. That's mostly my fault, as I need to watch more movies. For now, I will say that Rec is my favorite zombie film. The fact that it is a found-footage horror film does help, lol. I will continue searching for my next favorite zombie film in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...