Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Day 08 - Your favourite anthology.

    Uh oh, basic bitch alert! I kid... It's a classic for a reason. I did grow up watching Creepshow 2 (1987) specifically, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it. The film is pretty dated, a lot of things don't hold up well these days. So, I wouldn't say Creepshow 2 is exactly my favorite. The score is very memorable, very Halloween-y. But, when September rolls around, I usually want to see Trick 'r' Treat (2007)!

    This film checks off all of my boxes: Made in the early 2000's, Halloween themed, comfy, cozy fall vibes, vampires, hot werewolf chicks, and violence. It's pretty much the perfect film to kick off the season! It's a simple film with a twisted narrative that leaves a long-lasting impression.

    My favorite narrative is obviously the werewolf one. The viewer is led to believe that our female protagonist is a bit of a prude and presumably a virgin. Her sister and her friends laugh and joke about their "firsts", trying to encourage our young protagonist to just let loose. We see her older sister and friends invite random-ass men to a party in the woods, assuming they just want to hook-up. The protagonist is separated from her sister and ends up being stalked by a random assailant. After being attacked by the now-discovered vampire, the protagonist decides that he will be her "first".

    Then starts one for the most iconic werewolf transformation sequences to date. "Sweet Dreams" plays in the background as all of these women begin to strip. However, they begin to strip more than just their costumes, but their own flesh. Dancing women begin to reveal their true nature, which is a coven of werewolves. Our protagonist grows fangs and proceeds to eat her prey. Very cool!!

    I like this film because there's a lot of stuff happening at the same time. I am a huge fan of chaos, lol. I love films like Cloverfield (2008) and Resident Evil 2 (2004), where people are running and screaming. It gives me some sort of adrenaline rush, it excites me! Trick r' Treat fully immerses me into the world it created for this film, it's almost interactive for me.

    There's a lot of festivities happening all at the same time during Halloween. Costume parties, clubs, festivals, cons, film screenings, etc.!! Halloween takes place on a Saturday this year and my FOMO is so disgustingly high. My Chemical Romance will be back in L.A. during Halloween weekend... I just wish I could be everywhere all at once!!! At least I have Trick r' Treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...