Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Day 15 - Your favourite horror film involving serial killers.

 

    You see, I don't give a rat's ass about true crime or media about actual serial killers. When I was younger, I was intrigued by true crime. But, as I've gotten older, I can't stomach that shit anymore. I am actually quite sensitive when it comes to that kind of media. With that being said, I will watch a film like Silence of the Lambs (19991) and fucking love it.

    Silence of the Lambs is another one of my favorite comfort movies. I love film grain! I also like to play this film in the background as I work on stuff. The perfect time to watch this film is when it's raining, while you drink a cup of coffee. You know, my childhood was pretty tumultuous, so watching a horror film, where everything is contained, makes me feel like I have control. Would that be considered a run-on sentence? Anyways, I find comfort in horror films for many reasons, including that one.

    As I've mentioned before, I am also a fan of romance. And I consider this film to be romantic. Hannibal x Clarice. Cannibal?? OOOOOO that's a good ass ship name. I knew that Silence of the Lambs was based on a book, so I decided to read it. I was also motivated to read it because Clarice and Hannibal end up together. I already liked the tension Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter had in the film, so I was anticipating their dynamic in the books.

    I have a lot of critiques for the 2 novels I did read. I didn't read the first, or last, books of the series. I think I have the first one on my iPad? I just wanted to read about Clarice and Hannibal. What I liked about their relationship was how sapiosexual it was. Both of them are very smart and they understand each other. They are able to play mind games together. They don't have sex until the end of Hannibal (1999) because first, Hannibal was locked up, and then he escaped to Italy. It's a slowburn. And very different from the 2001 film. Not my favorite!

    I am brutally aware of the television series. It looks very sexy!! I don't think I'll watch it any time soon, I have trouble watching series unless they're cartoons. iPad kid alert!!! However, I am a huge fan of the fanart and fanfics that make it into my orbit. Very sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...