As I mentioned in the previous post, I went to Daiso and picked up a couple of things! I went to Daiso like, a month ago? I was searching for the PEVA pouch to make the journal pouch everyone was making, but I couldn't find a cute color. However, during this trip, I found the pouches in size A4, in the colors purple and pink! I had a hard time choosing between the 2 colors, but ultimately pink won!
I also grabbed some Sanrio stickers (new stock!), a couple of washi tape, a mini pouch, and some snacks. I did manage to find the sewing section with all of the elastic! I couldn't find any pink elastic, but the white will suffice. I should've grabbed a coil keychain to wrap around the journal, but I totally blanked on that! I'm gonna have to visit the dollar store tomorrow!
I enjoy making these pouches because they're relatively easy! You just poke some holes, string elastic through, and bam! It's done! The fun part is decorating the pouch cover ;) Since I'm going to be using basically loose leaf paper, I needed something to make the cover sturdy. I used some leftover cardboard from a stationary set I got at DD's! The packaging was cute, so I thought I'd save it, rather than just throw it away! I made a good call, it fits great inside the pouch!
| Putting in stationery and cardboard... |
| After! |
I also mentioned before that I typically can't find a multimedia sketchbook small enough to fit the measurements of the journal pouch. Instead of ordering another sketchbook, and spending more money, I have decided to use the bristol board I have at home! I have a ton of it, so I measured out the pages and used an X-Acto knife to cut them out.
This pouch cover is different from my other ones because it has 2 pockets with 2 zippers. I was able to insert stationary into the front pocket, unlike the other journal pouches. It looks really cute with all my stuff in it! I had also stuck a mini journal in the back of the pouch, so I can pull that out whenever I need to take some notes. I'm excited to start working in it, as well as my other one!
I'll finish this post off with a picture of my blogging buddy, my special girl!! She fell asleep on my desk while I was editing this post <333 I love my girl!!! :3
No comments:
Post a Comment