Thursday, August 20, 2026

Ioni's Dolly's Adventure Review!

 

    I saw this on Tiktok ages ago! I had forgotten about it until the end of May, when I was browsing through Dollar Tree. I saw the stand and was like. "OMG! I have to grab some stuff!". I was meaning to do this review back in May, but I got caught up with life and blah blah blah! So, here is a belated review of the three products I decided to get! If you want to read about the whole collection, I'd check this blog out right here! I found this review while researching the product names!



    When I finally came across the collection in Dollar Tree, it was already picked through! I also had a spending limit, so I had to make some very important decisions. I knew I had to pick up the Strawberry Swirl Glosses! You see, I love good packaging. That is what attracts me in the first place. BUT! The product has to be cute as well! I don't want to buy something with cute packaging and the product itself is super basic and something I would normally gloss over.

    These glosses had cute strawberry toppers on them! Ugh, it's sooo cute! And I loved the swirl effect, especially the red and white one! I had to grab the pink one as well because, duh!? I looked at the rest of the collection and weighed the rest of my options. I was more excited about the glosses, so I chose the next most exciting thing; The Illuminating Sparkle Primer Holographic Glow Drops. What a mouth full, huh?

    As I've stated on my blog before, if it's holographic, I most likely will grab it. I was curious as to how these "holographic glow drops" would work, since the product has actual holographic flakes suspended within. Would the flakes melt into the skin? Would they interfere with how the foundation lays on my skin? I had to find out how this product would work. And the bottle was just too cute!

    The pink Strawberry Swirl gloss is pretty basic. It's grape flavored, which I thought was kind of weird. A missed opportunity, if you will. It was brought to my attention that the tube itself says "candy"... Ok... The gloss smells very grapey. It looks really cute in the packaging, but the gloss itself is fine! There are better Glosses out there with better glitter payoff! But, I like the packaging and it looks cute in my clear back-pack.




    The red gloss is what immediately grabbed my attention from the collection! I loved the red and white combo, but it can either mean strawberries and cream or peppermint, lol! The scent is sweet, I assume the scent is strawberry? The color name is just "Red". The color names for these glosses are very lackluster.

    This gloss has no glitter in it, it's just a creamy red color. I don't want to mix the applicator around in the tube, that would mess up the swirl!! But, I try to mix the product in the tube by going back and forth. It works just fine! This color is the most pigmented between the two glosses, but not too intense of a red. I lined my lips with red lip liner and used the gloss over it, so there's a bit of a gradient.

    I did white eyeshadow with a bold cat eye and I love how dolly-like the look came out! A bit edgy as well. Notice how wax-like the red lip is? It's not a deep, blue-tone red. It reminds me of the red candles from like the 80's that my grandma used to have lying around her house! I love lipstick, especially red lipstick, I just don't get to do many looks with actual cream lipstick. I'm a victim of the TikTok lip combo: Lip liner, lipstain, and gloss!!!


    Okay. Let's talk about this product, the Illuminating Sparkle Primer Holographic Glow Drops. The product is a bit watery, so a little goes a long way! It does dry tacky... and full of holographic flakes! It also smells like fancy cologne, lmao! It's pretty strong, so I don't recommend this product if you have a sensitive nose. Apparently, it's supposed to be primer for glitter to stick to your eyes... I used this as face primer as I did not know this. I cannot recall it's purpose being blatantly stated on the packaging!

    The flakes differ in size, so sometimes you'll see a big flake or a small dot. It is very noticeable on the skin! I could never get a good picture of the product on my skin, I just look really crazy!! Stupid iPhone camera... I could see someone using this primer for a somewhat bare-faced, festival or rave look! But once you put foundation over it...

You can see the flake through the foundation on my index knuckle!

    If you try to take the flakes off, they crumble as they are pretty delicate. They sorta smear on your face. But, when you leave the flakes on your face and then put foundation over it, you will still see it through the make-up. That would be unacceptable to a lot of people and it kind of bothers me, personally. If you pick the foundation covered flake off, it will show your bare skin, lol!

You can see the flake once smeared on the same knuckle!


        So the product can be quite useless, if you think about it! However... Plot Twist!! The primer works very well for me. I actually really love this as a primer, despite the holographic flakes. I think the watery, gel-like consistency works well with my oil-prone skin. It does get quite tacky, so the foundation sticks pretty well. I use it when I want to do make-up for just taking pictures at home, lol.

    Now... Let's address the elephant in the room... I like the concept of the packaging, right? But I can't not mention Ioni's usage of A.I. That was very disappointing to notice. They used A.I for the launch after this, which was their cowboy line. This is so disappointing because Ioni used to have artwork that was made by actual artists.

I couldn't find a website pic, so here's a screenshot from someone's tiktok!

    I was able to get these 2 blushes a long time ago! They were Halloween launches and were being distributed through the 99 Cent store... R.I.P! As you can see, the artwork featured here seems like it was made by human hands. I found it incredibly charming at the time. So, seeing that Ioni is using A.I. for their newer products is so disheartening. I cannot support a company that uses A.I. for any of their advertising. I love Ioni lashes, so I hope the company stops using A.I. in future releases.


    Unless Ioni stops using A.I., I can't give the company any more money. I'm an artist myself, so it's a bit insulting to see shitty A.I. for cute, cheap make-up products. We shall see what happens...

    Anyways! Here's a couple more photos of that red gloss make-up look I did ₍₍⚞(˶˃ ᵕ ˂˶)⚟⁾⁾



No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...