Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Just Watched Pinocchio 964!


     I saw that Pinocchio 964 was available to watch for free on Tubi and I have been meaning to watch it! I finally put it on last night. I knew it was supposed to be a disturbing film, or intense at least. It was fine! It's visually disorienting and gross at some parts, but I thought the film was okay.

    I have seen Akira and Tokyo Gore Police, which I thought the latter was okay as well. Very camp. There are other films I have to watch from the genre, like Tetsuo: The Iron Man. With Tokyo Gore Police and Pinocchio 964, I just thought they were visually captivating and disturbing. I haven't felt the need to watch them again? It didn't really have an impact on me. Let's just say, they won't make my list of all time favorites, you know?

    The film is about a discarded sex-slave robot that failed to perform. He's wandering the streets, memory wiped, until Himiko finds him. She tries to help him out until a kiss between the two of them serves as a catalyst for their returning memories. Body horror ensues and a scene that is very reminiscent of Possession (1981).



    Notice how I caught that reference? Lmao, after looking up Pinocchio 964 on the world wide web, I noticed that the viewers of this film caught this reference as well. Oh your impact, Possession (1981)! Both women have a freak out session in the subway and vomit uncontrollably, which is very relatable to me.

    You see, I have drank so much alcohol that I have uncontrollably projectile vomited. I have also projectiled from other offices of my body as well, thank you 1.5 liter of CABERNET SAUVIGNON from  Barefoot Wine. I wasn't in the right mind, okay? I was going through A LOT!!! I have vomited a lot... You see why I have an affinity for scenes like these?

    Anyways, that was the most remarkable scene for me from Pinocchio 964. There are more scenes where I was like, "Heh, neat", but other than that... I thought the film was okay. Again, I have to watch more films from the genre so that I can compare. Cuuuzzzzz I would rather watch Akira, man. That movie frickin' rules. I'd give Pinocchio 964 like a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...