Wednesday, August 5, 2026

End of July Haul

 


    Had an unexpected early outing last week! I wasn't as lucky as I was with my birthday money, but nonetheless, I found some stuff!

Here I am!

    I wanted to go to Walmart to see if they were carrying their new Halloween lounge sets. Unfortunately, the location I went to wasn't selling them :( And I wasn't about to go to another location because the drive out was insane! It took me 15 minutes just to leave my city, due to construction. I wasn't going to wait in a line full of cars for 15+ minutes. When we entered our destination, we were once again rerouted due to a car accident. I was more unnerved at that fact than annoyed. Anyways, I wasn't going to drive out to another location just for some pants.


    I ended up finding them the next day at another location. They looked really flimsy in person, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. What I did get was another Yummiland Body Scents kit and an L.O.L Surprise Mermaids! DIY lipgloss kit. The fins of the tail unscrew and there's a doe foot applicator attached! Because the tail is fucking lipgloss bitch!

 

    I didn't like the color of my mermaid, but I looked at the rest of the collection and noticed that she was "Ultra-Rare". Her name is "SPF Cutie", so she's a freaking sunblock mermaid. But whatevs!! It's such a cute little concept, I'm gonna throw her in my purse.

    After Walmart, we went to the mall. I had made a list of things that I had wanted to get, but as you can see, I wasn't making any check marks. I wanted to grab a Korean corn dog and some boba before making my way to Hot Topic, Miniso, and Bath & Body. I had a plan! As for my food, I ordered a coconut ube boba and a plain corndog with no cheese. I should've gotten the potatoes, but it ended up being fine. Very filling and tasty!



    I went to Hot Topic to see if they had any faux fur tail keychains. They did, but not in pretty colors, and I made it a goal to not spend over $10 on it. Fail. I have been wanting a Domo shirt for like EVERRRR, so I decided to spend more money than I wanted to on a t-shirt.


    It's cute. I've also been trying to get something from the Hello Kitty Leopard collection at Miniso the whole fucking month, but I don't think it will ever be available near me!!! Sooo pissed!! What I did see though, was a Canmake section being set up. I have waited so many years for Canmake to be available in the US. You'd think Daiso would have already carried it!! I ordered some Canmake cosmetics like 5 years ago over eBay. I can't remember the price, but I think I paid extra, you know? They're expensive in store, as I asked the employee stocking the shelf. I didn't want to pay $12+ for a little thing, no matter how pretty the packaging was ;-;


    My last stop was Bath & Body! I was tempted to repurchase the Lavender Marshmallow candle again, but I knew I would get tired of it. What I really wanted to get was the Carnival Fog candle, since people said it smelled good. WRONG!!! It smells like fucking Vicks!!! I'm good! I did look to see if they had any more of the Cotton Candy Clouds collection, as I used up the body wash and lotion already. Sadly, no such luck. It's okay, I guess I would've grown tired of that smell too.

Rest in Pieces!!

    My next destination was Home Goods. A while back, I noticed that one of my mugs had broken!! Someone broke the handle of my cup off :( I was quite sad for a bit, as I had that cup for 10+ years a that point. I guess it had some energy attached to it that needed to be released. My brother gave me some reassuring words, "Well, you know what that means? New cup!!" And he was so right. I allowed myself to purchase a new cup.


    If you've been on TikTok, you'd know that after the 4th of July, people start putting up their Halloween decorations and the stores begin to flood with Halloween shit. I can wait until September. it's still summer to me!! Once Spetember hits, I'll be wearing jewel tones and loads of black. Right now it's my mermaid summer, goddammit. Home Goods was loaded, man. Full of crap, if you ask me! JK, not everything was garbage, as I found this vintage inspired Halloween mug. I have become pretty fond of the vintage style as of late, it's all vibes, you know? It's a decent size and weight and I love the design so much!


    I originally wanted to buy one cup, but I found this fucking bowl. It matches another mug I had bought last year. Well, kind of. I was just looking at it, they're different, but the vibes match! It will look like a set when I use them together! I have already used my new cup and bowl several times :P So, that would have been all, right? Just a cup and a bowl, right?


    I went to check out and saw more Halloween shit. Fuck! I see this damn candle; I had wanted to get this candle last year and now it's right in front of me. I was very hesitant as it was $10! But then I thought about how Carnival Fog would have been $25, so I felt better about buying it. I would have wanted to pay $6 for it, but alas! My only complaint about the candle is that it doesn't smell like "Zombie Ooze". You'd think it smell tart and fruity, like sour candy or something!! It smells like a generic fall candle. Like a spiced vanilla?

    From the website, "Warning! No zombies were harmed in the making of this candle just lots of delicious fruity scents. Notes: juicy blue raspberry, sweet strawberry, pink grapefruit, ripe pineapple, sugared mango, and tantalizing blueberry." That's bullshit!! It doesn't smell like that at all!! Maybe they can get their formula this year and I got one from last year?? EUGHH!!! At least I didn't pay it's original $20 for it.

See!! I wasn't tripping!! This is a review about the candle!!

    Anyways!! Five Below was next door, so I looked to see if I could find any squishes or keychains but no such luck once again. This location was pretty dry in the squishies department. I just grabbed a Strawberry Dreams Monster and took off to Daiso.

    I was looking for supplies to make another journal cover, but I didn't like my options. I did find some elevated bowls for my kitty! She's gotten so big, I felt bad watching her eating her food. She would lay down on her stomach or strain her neck. I was looking for some ceramic dishes at Home Goods but they were ugly and expensive! The plastic bowls I got here were not the best colors either, but they were significantly cheaper. They're good for now, as she still has some growing to do. 

My big kitty girl!!

    The last store I went to was the Dollar Tree. Surprise, surprise. I saw that Dollar Tree has these little cute keychains and I wanted one really bad. I haven't come across any yet, but I'm gonna keep looking dammit. I saw these lip balms with really cute packaging! Unfortunately, the lip balms did not smell like their designated scents, they smelled like fucking dookie dogs. I dislodged the lip balm product so that I could just have the packaging and fill them with Tylenol or Midol. Smart!!



Wearing the new shirt!

    I grabbed some gum, cause I always need gum, and some snacks for the way home. The trip was low-key a bust, but I still had fun. I had some funds left over, so I asked my brother if he wanted to go out again with me the next day. He said yes, lol. I wanted to check out the thrift store again! I found a lot this time around, but I put a lot back due to sizing. 

    I found a bathing suit though!! I really needed one, since my other one no longer fits and I got rid of it. I found a halter top suit from Torrid. It fits perfect around the bust, but the length is too long. It's a size 3 (Plus Size), so the bottom of the top is supposed to compensate for wider, curvier hips. I do not have that!! lol! But, it's okay, it's still cute. I also found high-waisted bottoms that were brand new with tags! I do think it's for pregnant women, but no one will know... lol. Bathing suits are not cheap, so I was happy to find them!!


    I also found this really gorgeous burgundy dress that was also new with tags! I looked up the brand and it's vintage from the Sears catalog. The dress was on sale for $9 originally, so Good Will was also selling it for $9. But!! The tag was half off, so I only paid $4.50 for it! Woo Hoo! It is too small for me, which fucking sucks, but I'll see what I can do with it. If I can't figure anything out, I could sell it or give it to some one worthy ;)

    I went to DD's afterwards and found a really cute tank top! I don't have any pics of it because I forgot to take one, but it has polka-dots and a built in bra. it's awesome! I also grabbed some make-up wipes cause I was running out. Their rose scented :)


    We went to Walmart again, where I saw the stupid pants, and I go this keychain. I was itching for a fucking keychain, so I just said fuck it and bought this one. It's really cute, very nice weight to it. I ended up hooking it to my journal cover, it looks good on there! After that, we grabbed some Dutch Bro's for the way home!!


Wearing my pastels until September!

    This past Sunday, my mom wanted to have dinner with us as a family, so we had Korean BBQ. It was my mom's first time going, as well as my brothers. I had already gone like 5 years ago with some "friends", so I was pretty excited to go again! We cooked and ate a bunch of meat, as well as had some appetizers. We ordered octopus and those bitches are hard to cook. I don't know how to cook them right!! We had to sneak one out in my mom's purse, LMAOOO!!! That would've been an extra $5, man.


    My mom wanted dessert, so we got frozen yogurt. The yogurt place had matcha, so I tried it... It was okay. Ehh. I had also got the cupcake flavor, which was a lot better. And marshmallow syrup that was suspiciously textured like you know what... I still ate it. 


    I usually set up my frozen yogurt a lot cuter than this but I was so tired at this point. We'd been going out all weekend!!!



    Last image and last haul!! lol! This haul was from 2 days ago at this point. I went to the Dollar Tree and Family Dollar and found some cute things. I always need more lashes, I love the criss cross cateye lashes. I also got more pencil pouches to use as storage for my stickers! There was some Halloween stuff at Family Dollar, I usually like to get their candles in the shape of hearts, brains, or skulls. Instead, I found these hair clips and some nail polish!

    This ended up being a very long post. I am so tired of typing!!! This is it until the end of the month, lol. I have a lot of work to do in the meantime. I have been avoiding it in favor of treasure hunting. I have to focus up now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...