I feel so wretched!! I'm supposed to be working on my back in the gym, but I'm at home looking out the window to a sky of clouds!! It's still over 80 degrees out, so it's muggy as hell right now. It did rain a little bit, so it smells like wet cement outside. What a day!
I don't feel my best, so I'm taking the day. I need to restore my HP, you know? Anyways, I have gotten my very first Iced PSL of the season from an actual coffee shop! The latte paired with the weather has solidified this feeling; Fall is here. We won't be able to feel it until late October during the nights, but it's here!
I also feel the shift in my personal style during this time. This weekend, I will wear my last Summer outfit of the year, inspired by 2014 Tumblr. I watched Practical Magic yesterday and I was looking at all of Nicole Kidman's wardrobe throughout the film. Jewel. Tones. I don't like to look at my Fall clothes until I feel the shift in my bones. Now, I am ready to wear my maroons, emeralds, and sapphires!
I like to incorporate 90's fashion like "grunge" (using this term very loosely, lol), kinderwhore, and whatever pops up in a Delia's catalog. I also like to incorporate the now notorious "whimsy goth" aesthetic into my style, which is the perfect mix of 90's style and witch. Think The Craft, Poison Ivy, Practical Magic, etc. I also wear a lot more black during this time of year! I have so many black satin pieces, very romantic goth. So exciting!!! I'm gonna have to make a Lookbook post or something, maybe like a Inspo board on this blog. I have to show off my arsenal!
Last night, I practiced another make-up look for a thing I want to do. It's inspired by Frankenstein's monster, so it's not like monster make-up, it's more glam. I don't usually do a lot of glam looks, I love my bold eyeliner and pink lips. But!! Autumn is coming, and I have so many beautiful colors to experiment with. I haven't done any deep reds, purples, greens, gold??? There are so many possible looks to create! SO, last night, I used olive, purple, maroon, and a rusty red. The red is actually pretty metal, I'm gonna have to make a separate look with it.
I'm going to push the olive green a little bit more, just to make sure the Frankenstein reference is more prominent. I was inspired by the way skin bruises? It's almost zombie-like... But isn't old boy a reanimated corpse? I think my next look will be zombie inspired. I want to use that red!! I experimented with the lip color, switching from a nude to a purple to a deep red. Any of those lips work well with the look! I used to have this gorgeous lipstick by L'Oreal Paris in the shade "Storm". I just found out it's discontinued!!! I had to throw it because it was getting old and moldy :((((( But it was the most gorgeous griege color and it would've looked great with this look!

RIP!
I'm gonna have to browse the Walmart for a dupe, man. I loved this lipstick so much! There are a couple of brands that have similar colors, so I might be able to grab one before October! The nude lip I did looks fine, so if anything, I can fallback on that.
I'm gonna shower and probably mess around with my make-up again. I want to get back into rendering in my sketchbooks, so I might end up doing some of that. OR!! Probably make a post about my upcoming Autumn lookbook. Decisions!!




No comments:
Post a Comment