Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Day 16 - Your favourite childhood themed horror film.

 

    This was another difficult choice for me! I'm going to choose Monster House (2006) because of how much it makes me laugh! Monster House is the perfect watch during the Halloween season, especially for the kids (but we're talking about me here). All of the characters performances are entertaining and memorable, enhanced by motion capture technology. My favorite characters are Chowder and Zee, obviously.

    Monster House has a crazy-ass voice cast: Steve Buscemi, Kathleen Turner, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kevin James, Nick Cannon, John Heder, Jason Lee, and Catherine O'Hara. That's crazy!! Buscemi Plays Nebbercracker and Turner plays his deceased wife, Constance, whose soul gets transferred to their house after she dies. It's actually a pretty sad story, as Nebbercracker loved her deeply. It makes me teary every time I watch it.

    But other than that, the film is so funny! Like I said, all of the characters are entertaining to watch. The movie has good pacing, an interesting plot, and is visually pleasing. I ended up finding a copy of it at my local Goodwill. Score!

    I have some other favorite films like, Coraline (2009), Scary Godmother (2003), and The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). And Hocus Pocus (1993)!!! It was very hard to choose one favorite, and if I'm being honest, all of these films are on the same level. So, consider all of these childhood films my favorites!

I remember watching this scene in the theater. On the big screen!!

This film used to be shown on Cartoon Network when I was a kid!!


A classic, I don't give a frog's fat ass!!

"Tis firm!" Another classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...