I've seen a couple of werewolf films, especially the classics, but Ginger Snaps (2000) will always remain my favorite. Unless an even cooler film comes out, or I find an older one I haven't seen!
Werewolves, full moons, periods, all of those subjects go extremely well together in this film. It's quite perfect, really; You track your period as a werewolf would track the phases of the moon. And for one week, every month, you become this creature that bleeds!!! ARRROOOOOOO!!!!!
I am quite partial to 90's and 2000's horror films, as I grew up watching them. Ginger Snaps is probably one of the best examples! It's a moody indie film that's perfect to watch during the Fall, especially during Halloween time. It stars Emily Perkins and Katherine Isabelle as the main sisters, Bridgette and Ginger. You can also see them play sisters again in Another Cinderella Story (2008), lol!
I just love moody, quirky films about women and girlhood. Especially horror films. I like to watch Ginger Snaps alongside films like May (2002) and Secretary (2002). They just feel so intimate to me, personable. These films really speak to my soul. Ginger Snaps resonates with me because of my own experiences with the menstrual cycle. I have to see a doctor or something to diagnose me, but I feel very intensely the week before it begins. The film does a great job expressing those feelings, lol.
Ginger Snaps is streaming for free on Tubi, as are the 2 sequels! I think the sequels are okay, I don't like them as much as the first one. But, don't let my opinion deter you from watching them yourself. The Witches of Eastwick is streaming too, watch that one. Very camp.


No comments:
Post a Comment