There are a lot of horror comedies I enjoy watching, like Young Frankenstein (1974), Death Becomes Her (1992), and Idle Hands (1999). I was scratching my head at this question because I could only think of a handful of films. After doing some more research, I realized there were so many more horror comedies to check out! I really need to step my game up.
However, if I had to choose a film, it would be Beetlejuice (1988). I don't care if everyone and their momma loves this movie, I love it more!! lol. Growing up, Beetlejuice was one of those movies we didn't own, but I wanted to see all of the time! I was always more spookily inclined as a child; I always wanted to watch Tim Burton and horror films. I also loved watching Lenore the Little Dead Girl, Invader Zim, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog and goth YouTubers!
My favorite time of the year is Halloween because every channel plays nothing but horror films and every store is filled with spooky things! I wish the world could be like that all of the time, catered just to me! Guess that's why "being goth" is a lifestyle ;) I can be as dark and spooky as I want! I don't have to wait for October to watch any of the movies I like either!
Beetlejuice is an extremely charming film! From the score, to the set design, to the costumes, to the characters, to the plot. Everything about this film (Except Jeffrey Jones) rules. My favorite scenes are when Adam and Barbara first meet Beetlejuice, the Dinner Scene, and the "Inferno Room" scene.
When I watch Beetlejuice, it transports me to a time in my life where everything was new and exciting. It instantly makes me feel happy and I have a lot of fun watching it. I don't have to wistfully think about the next time I get to watch it, or catch it playing on Freeform (ABC Family when I was a kid). I take great pleasure in knowing that I own a physical copy and that I can watch it whenever I want! However, it does feel a bit more exciting to watch during Halloween time ;) I need to have a movie night with snacks inspired by the film. That would be so freaking sweeeeet ~☆
I did watch the sequel in theaters... Hated it. I was pretty disappointed in it, despite Catherine O'Hara (RIP) carrying the whole film. I wanted a better build-up for an epic reintroduction to Beetlejuice. He just shows up on screen like nothing. Monica Bellucci's character wasn't utilized properly, her presence seemed unneeded. And there were like, 2 inflation/pregnancy scenes?! 1 is a coincidence, 2 is on purpose!!! watch it or don't...



No comments:
Post a Comment