Sunday, May 10, 2026

Judgement

 

    I was not expecting to get a kitty so soon!

    Back in January, my mom and I saved 4 kittens! They were the most beautiful kitties ever, and I loved them very much! We never expected to keep them, but we ended up having them for 3 months. We had plans to give them away or sell them, but they ended up running away before anything ever happened. I am hoping people from around the neighborhood saw how pretty they were and took them in.

    Ever since they left, I had felt so empty! I missed them so much :( I didn't realize how much their presence meant to me until they were gone!! After taking care of them for almost 3 months, I realized how much I loved having a cat around. I debated with myself; I knew I liked the idea of having a cat, but taking care of those four kittens made that feeling more tangible.

    I didn't want to get a cat until I had a job and lived on my own. I felt like it would be inconsiderate to have a cat in my parents home. I also knew it would be expensive to have a cat, what with all the feeding, and insurance, and doctor appointments, etc. I wanted to be able to handle having a cat on my own, so I put it off. That was until April 29th, almost 2 weeks ago.

    The receptionist at our local recreational center told my mom about some kittens she had rescued. One thing led to another and my mom ended up telling me we would be getting a kitten. I was very hesitant at first, since I knew how much work cats are. I also knew I would be the only one to properly care for the kitten by bathing it, feeding it, potty training it... I couldn't get too excited. I was already getting stressed out!

    The receptionist told us that the mother cat had moved all of her kittens onto the roof of the recreational center. While she was moving her kittens, one of them had gotten stuck in between some roofing. The little kitten was crying and crying for who knows how long. The receptionist was able to get the kitten out and saved the rest of the kittens from the roof.

    The little kitten that was stuck in the roof ended up being the one we brought home. The receptionist warned us that the kitten was very feisty and would hiss and growl. She also told us that the kitty was fluffy and black. The kitten also ended up being polydactyl, having two extra toes on their front paws and one extra toe on her hind legs.

special girl <3

    After the receptionist told me about the kittens feistiness, I got a bit nervous. The kittens we rescued before were very friendly and thankful we took them out of the cold. I thought handling the kitten would be way out of my caliber. When we took her home, she was hissing and growling throughout the car ride. I made a plan and enacted on it as soon as we got home.

    I put the kitten in the garage and brought in one of the pet cages we have from our dogs. I put some thick gardening gloves on and began to slowly unzip the kitten out of its carrier. The whole time, I'm trying to talk sweet to the kitty while I'm gently grabbing her to place her in the cage. I was expecting the kitten to be swatting and hissing at me... But she was calm. I let her settle in her cage until she ended up walking out and curling inside my crossed legs. I pet her until she purred.

    My mom told me that I  should name her, but I hesitated because I saw her as the family cat. But after she crawled into my lap, I think she became mine. I believe she chose me as her mom <3 So, I gave her the name I wanted to give my fictional black cat, which is Judgment. After the tarot card. "To see this card can also indicate that you are in a period of awakening, brought on by the act of self-reflection". I wanted to get a white cat and name her Mercy, while having a black cat named Judgement. heh. But I got my black kitty first!

    She has been a handful, but I love her so much. We are connected, I've seen her in my dreams twice now. I haven't been able to work on anything with her around! But she's a kitty, so this period won't last forever. I just have to power through. She has progressed incredibly well, going from hissing and growling, to zoomies and loving the blow dryer. She's one crazy kitty, I tell you what. She has bitten and scratched the fuck out of me during playtime, but I've been doing my best to redirect her energy to toys and putting her in timeout when she's gone too far!

yeeeeoocchhh!!

    I love her very much, even though I have to clean the liquid shit out of her long butt fur. I transitioned her from a milk replacement to wet food as of late. She has been having diarrhea for a bit, but I can see her poop becoming more pasty. I'm still getting the hang of her feeding schedule, I'm constantly checking on her! Update: She just woke up from her isolation nap and went poopoo. I just got done cleaning her bottom half. I hate the smell of poop!!

her eyes changing color!

    I have her wrapped up in an old t-shirt right now, so she can stop crying! Swaddled her like a baby!! She's falling asleep as I type, so I think I'll put her back to bed. That's what's going on with me right now! I'll continue to update on Judgment as she grows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...