Tuesday, March 3, 2026

From the Floor in my Castle

 


    Well, I'm sick. Woo hoo. It's just a lot of sneezing, sniffling and tiredness. Such is the right of passage for incoming Spring.

    Since Spring is on its way (it's basically here in California), my style begins to shift along with the seasons. My color palette is no different than my Winter palette, lol! I just incorporate more of that 2012-14 Tumblr style that I was mentioning in a previous post. I also tend to feel a bit more witchy. TBH, my style is pretty consistent, the only thing that shifts (slightly) are the color palettes! I'll show some examples with some Pinterest pics:

Winter








Summer

 






    During the Winter, I wear a ton of pink, purple and back. I love pink!!! But when it's time for Summer, I shift more towards neon colors and more colors in general. I was a scene kid in middle school, the whole rainbow rave thing has never left me. And I'm always wearing black, man. That will never change. What I love is the contrast! I love pink, ruffles, dresses and shit, I just have to rough it up a bit. A lot. I mean, take a look at the kinderwhore style. Great example of contrast!

the perfect combo!!!!

    That's basically my "style". I get bored very fast and I need an endless amount of style combos or I'll go crazy, mad even. I'll try anything as long as I can edge it up! Which is why I need to get more piercings and tattoos immediately. I could wear a pink polo with a pair of capris and as long as I'm tatted and pierced the fuck up, I'll look "alternative". I just love the contrast! I have come to terms that I'm a walking contradiction and I should never say never to any trends. Maybe it's my Cancer Sun, Sagittarius Moon placements working against each other. Maybe they balance each other out, who knows!

    Since it's barely Spring, I'm still in pink mode. It's just time to bust out the jean cut-off shorts. As I mentioned before, I have been losing weight, so I am limited to only one pair of jeans shorts. I won't be buying anything like jean shorts until I'm settled, you know? I'm doing this despite being in desperate need of new summer clothes. I'm just gonna have to live in my stupid, elasticized skirts the whole summer. Fuck! We'll see where I'm at in June :/

    Anyways! I mentioned in my previous post about pivoting to YouTube. I was at a loss in regards to what the hell I was going to do. I managed to sit at my desk, in my sickly state, and brainstorm some ideas. I don't want to focus too much on being a "YouTuber", since I'm an artist first. That's not the point, you know? But, I need to do something. I have to make my videos somewhat interesting. And I do have things to say about the process of creating art. I have things to say! At least, from my perspective.

    Like, sketchbooks? Listen, do what you want with your sketchbook, fuck what I think, right? I personally have designated sketchbooks for certain things. Which is probably not sustainable, lol. Very cluttered. But I'm mentally cluttered, so I guess it's a reflection of my brain, my thought process. Very messy. I hate the thought of purchasing an expensive sketchbook with one page holding an elaborate illustration, then shitty Prismacolor sketches right behind it. That drives me crazy!!

    I see a lot of "sketchbooks" with really nice layouts and illustrations, little to no mistakes. They're practically "perfect". I know it's different with every artist, I don't know what they deem "perfect", lol. I personally wouldn't call that a sketchbook? Unless they're studies? What even would we call that? "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". I know some artists have designated sketchbooks to show on social media. That's what I'm working on!

    My whole life, I've drawn with pen and pencil, so I've been challenging myself to utilize more color and render more. I see the appeal of those kinds of "sketchbooks". But, where do you put your messy/ugly sketches? Your brainstorms? I know some people might not want to see that part of the process. Maybe some people want to, so that they can feel better about their own artistic process? Nothing's ever perfect all of the time.

    A hot take of mine is my disdain for only focusing on illustrating in the sketchbook, and not creating a body of work. It's good content for social media and you can turn those illustrations into prints, no problem. It's a personal thing, I know. I'm aware of the time, money, energy, space, etc. that goes into creating art. But if you can and you have the resources, why not make something bigger? Do more!! I should talk, I'm barely shifting to Procreate. heh. But that's what I would do, especially if I had a large following.

    That's a video idea!! I just need a mic and a phone stand. Bare bones, bare booooonnneessss!!! I'll make it work. Combat shame!!! I ended up coming up with more video ideas while I was drinking coffee and sneezing my brains out. I just have to do. Action! Knight of Pentacles, Seven of Pentacles, Knight of Wands energy. It's exciting, yes?? (╥﹏╥)

    Ugh, I hope I feel better tomorrow. I really want to get back to the gym, but if I don't rest, I won't get better faster. I might have to go Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We shall see. Waiting, waiting, waiting... I didn't get to edit my video today, so I guess tomorrow! I just couldn't muster up the energy today. I think this post is long enough. Documenting things is very important. Joy down the date whenever you can. Even the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...