I had been on the lookout for the L.A. Colors Mermaid collection for a hot minute. Honestly, it's nothing extravagant, but I am a sucker for seashell packaging. And each item was $1.25, so it is what it is!
I didn't purchase the whole collection because I do believe that would be a waste; These collections tend to stay safe in their color palettes. In fact, two of the palettes I purchased are very similar in their color palettes. I also only purchased one of the lip glosses from the collection, as the other two were just pink and red.
You'd think the color selection would consist of more blues, purples, and greens... Maybe even some pressed glitters, and if that's too much for a dollar, silvery shimmers... Why does the color palette consist of warm tones and pinks? Thankfully, I like those colors, lol! And the only interesting lip gloss was the milky pearl color! It's not a very creative collection, lol, but my dumbass bought it so...
I also purchased a deep, cool-toned berry blush from another L.A. Colors collection and a shimmery pink lip gloss from another. Those were very nice, but also the most interesting things out of the whole collection. I used those products with the mermaid collection to do my make-up yesterday.
As for the performance of the products, they are very decent for a dollar. Sure, the whole palette consists entirely of shimmers, but they were pretty pigmented. The blush is also very pigmented, as it's a deep berry color. I almost put too much on! It looks like a nice flush, very carnal. And I loved the lip gloss so much!! I am quite the sucker for glittery lip glosses, I can never get enough.
Overall, the make-up was pretty great! The eye shadow stayed on, as did the blush. The lip gloss shimmer stayed on my lips. Despite the limiting/basic color palette, the products do perform well. Here are some pictures of the make-up I did!

With flash! 
Natural sunlight!
If you're on a budget, L.A. Colors is very decent make-up. I know purchasing items for the novelty is not sustainable, so I can't really push anyone to buy it, lol! I'd recommend the lip gloss and blush though, those are great! I am really into shimmery pinks at the moment, so this collection works out for me :)



No comments:
Post a Comment