![]() |
| My Last Pool Day! |
Summer's coming to an end (But does it really end when you live in the middle of California?), so this post is quite late! Still, I want to make this post to describe what I think a perfect pool day would be. We have a nice, big pool in the backyard that I like to dip in every Sunday or so! I should be taking advantage of it more, but I don't have a proper swimsuit. I swim in a shirt and a pair of shorts (╥ ᴗ ╥)
But I don't let that dampen my spirits, I let it dampen my shorts. In the pool. When I jump in.( ´థ౪థ)Anyways, Sunday is coming up again and I'm making this list to check things off. I'm also going to be listing things that I would like, cause that won't hurt a damn thing. I'd rather be vacationing at the beach, but a pool surrounded by wasps will have to do. One day!! Don't give up on your dreams!!!
1. Cute Swim Suit
When I think about swimsuits, I always think about the old school UNIF and Dolls Kill (Before everything happened...) suits. The tie dye and pastel suits contrasting with the strapy, bondage-like black suits always fascinated me. And all the holographic shit!! I don't know if I'll ever fit into any of these suits, if I could even find these suits second-hand. I could always learn how to sew!! In the meantime, I'm on the hunt for an affordable, yet cute swim suit.
2. A Good Playlist
You always need a good playlist going when you're chilling in the pool, especially when you're alone... It's less awkward and depressing. Good music always lifts me up! I cycle through different genres depending on what I feel like that day! Sometimes I like to listen to 2012-2014 Tumblr artists like Grimes, Marina and the Diamonds, Sky Ferreira, etc. Sometimes, I feel like listening to mid 2000's electropop/electronic hipster shit like Neon Indian, MGMT, some Tame Impala. And other times, I like to listen to Goth/Rockabilly/Indie/Rock bands like The Scary Bitches, The Cramps, and April March. It all depends!!!
3. Fun Snacks
![]() |
| Link to the Article! |
Ideally, I would love some kind of fancy charcuterie board with dried salami, olives, pickles, cheese and crackers. Realistically, my snack plate ends up being whatever the fuck's lying around the house! I can make the most out of making sandwiches. What would be fucking cool, would be a "summerween" snack plate or charcuterie board! The serving utensils and platters could be neon and Halloween themed, while the food would be color coordinated and shaped into bats or skulls. That would be pretty siiickkk~!
![]() |
| Some Inspo! |
4. Refreshing Drinks
Ideally, one must drink a lot of water during the summertime. Liquid IV's, Gatorlyte's, or basic water enhancers are more enticing ways to stay hydrated, especially when you fix up with edible glitter! But let's say I hydrated before I jumped in and wanted a cute little drink. I am a fan of any kind of liquid, especially if it's sweet: Boba lattes, iced teas, matcha lattes, iced coffees, sparkling waters, energy drinks, mocktails, soda floats, you name it. I'll drink anything with a great presentation! Little umbrellas, stirrers, seashell shaped ice, fruit, bendy straws, I can go on!!! I have this pink pineapple shaped cup that lights up at the bottom, I like to use that one in the pool. I think I'll have an iced honey vanilla latte the next time I go out!
5. Bubbles
I had recently acquired a bubble machine from my birthday and it has been sooooo much fun, very whimsy. It's a little cupcake shaped one from the dollar tree, lol! However, it was from the $5 section, so not really a dollar now, is it?? (¬_¬") Anyways, I'm glad I snagged a pink one as soon as I saw it! I went to the Dollar Tree yesterday and there were just a bunch of blue ones left! A blue one would have still been just as cute, but I'd rather have it in pink!! Since it was only $5, the bubbles being blown out are fairly decent!! Just imagine a big ol' bad boy bubble machine... You see, I want to be blasted by bubbles in the pool!! But I guess the little cupcake machine will do!
6. Reading Material
![]() |
| I have this issue ¬‿¬ |
It's a bit difficult to keep reading material by the pool, especially if you read on a tablet. I did get a couple issues wet from the pool water and the bubble machine... But, it won't deter me from trying! I have had this specific Inked Girls magazine since 2012, I was 14 years old at the time!! LOL!! It's more "pin-up" than anything, very "tasteful photos". Artsy, if you will! I've been wanting to purchase another one from eBay for a while now. But I have a lot of other stuff like comics, fashion magazines, and horror magazines!! I do have enough to read through during my time in the pool, but I would love more fashion magazines like older Nylon, Vogue, or Elle. I'd like some Fruits magazines as well!!
7. Sunglasses
![]() |
| The Moody's Rainbow UNIF Sunglasses... |
I only realized this as I was trying to read a magazine while the sun was reflecting off of the pages... You need some cool sunglasses. I remember getting so many neat ones from Forever 21 on sale!! That would have been 14 years ago... I had so many, I wish I had kept them all, especially in good shape!! Stupid. These days, I just use what I got lying around! I haven't been on the hunt for any sunglasses as of late, due to my brokenness. I'd rather have a good pair that would last me, you know?
8. Floatie
Ideally, if I had the funds, I would be getting a lounge float similar to these, especially the coffin shaped one!! That'd be so siiickckk~ We currently have a pink float that works just as well, so there are no complaints here. But if I had a choice... I would have both pink and black!!
9. Mermaids
Duh. DUHHH!!! I used to have a lot of Ariel dolls when I was little, as well as the Barbie Mermadia and Fairytopia dolls. I still have the Mermaidia movie!! Currently, I own the newest edition of Ariel, I have the human and mermaid version of her!! I put her away in the garage not too long ago, what the hell was I thinking?? I have to bust her out of the storage box I put her in, so that I can play with her in the water!!
10. Mermaid Makeover
You must become a mermaid yourself to enjoy the pool! This is something fun to do and take pictures of while you pretend in the pool!!! I have never considered this, as I always rush to catch the last hours of the day! But maybe I could get up earlier than usual to prepare for the pool (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧ I have tons of glitter and pastel eyeshadow to play around in!! Unfortunately, I don't have any hair chalk or extensions to use; My hair isn't long enough for extensions anyways! I might have some glitter tattoos lying around. MIGHT!!! I do not have high hopes. Like I said, I have tons of glitter to use, so that must suffice!
Well, now I gotta find something to swim in for tomorrow. Something that won't clash with my mermaid makeover... ( ,,⩌'︿'⩌,,) I should have some tank tops lying around. Anyways!! That would basically be my ideal pool day! I didn't list the obvious like towels or sunscreen, because that's a given and very boring to describe. Don't get burnt and put sunscreen on your ears!! Extra on your shoulders!! I should get up early and prepare all of my stuff, like an iced coffee and snacks.




















No comments:
Post a Comment