We ended the summer with a trip to the beach. This was our last trip of the summer, as August is quickly wrapping up; Although, in California, the weather abruptly changes from 104 degrees to a moderate 68 degrees during the last week of October. Halloween decorations have slowly started to infiltrate the stores, Spirit Halloween has officially opened, and "Summerween" season has successfully transitioned to "Halloween" season. It all came so suddenly, I'm still dizzy from the whiplash. I can't believe how fast the world moves on without you.
It was nice. We all needed a break from reality for a couple days. A reset, if you will. We all worked very hard during the summer, and my family deserved a nice break.
The ride up wasn't as long as the L.A. trip, obviously. We usually take the boring way up, but we've changed the route to a more visually appearing one. On the way up, I noticed a Spirit Halloween banner up. The first sight of the ocean while on the freeway is always a pleasant one. Then, you crack the window open and breathe in that fresh ocean air. The weather is always so lovely by the beach.
At the gas station.
We got to our hotel and I immediately wanted to get some frozen yogurt and walk down the beach. So I did. I am very lactose intolerant, but I really needed it. The only dairy-free option was tart and I didn't want that shit! We got our froyo and made our way down to the beach. I love walking down the beach when the sun's about to set. It's always so beautiful and therapeutic to walk alongside the shore. It especially nice with a coffee or a treat.
I believe the beach is the closest place to heaven that I'll ever be. When I die, I will fly through clouds over violet skies and grace my fingertips over ocean water. No matter how much I try to take it all in, it will never be enough.
After our walk, I checked to see what time the hotel pool closed. We had at least 2 hours until it closed, so my brother and I dove right in. The next morning I went for coffee and ended up taking a nap afterwards. I didn't sleep much, my brother snores lol! Once I rested, we went on to the beach and into the water. You see, the water is already cold, but as the year gets closer to Autumn, the water is even worse! My brother and I stayed in for as long as we could, but we ended up saying "fuck it" and went to pool and hot tub. We had the whole thing to ourselves, so that was nice.
We chilled for a bit and ended up bowling later in the night. I have only ever bowled once and that was when I was around 9 years old. lol. So, I sucked! I did manage to get a couple of good hits in, but I mostly blew chunks.
| The sticker I saw outside the corner store. |
![]() |
| I don't know if it had a honeypack in there :/ |
![]() |
| Labubu, Dubai Chocolate, Matcha Latte, Love Island... |
I tried Dubai Chocolate about 3 weeks ago; It was good, but it didn't warrant all of the over-the-top TikTok "mukbanger" reactions. I did buy it again, just for the fuck of it. It's good.
The next day, we took it slow. We looked around the shops and walked on the pier. I ended up getting yet another iced coffee and another cup of froyo, which was a big mistake. My stomach looked like I swallowed a basketball. It was very uncomfortable. I only slightly regret it. We ended the night with some dinner at the Cool Cat Cafe.
cruel mistress 
Did receive a comment about my razor-blade necklace
| I always get chills while looking down the pier |
| A healthy salad to atone for my previous sins |
The next morning, my mother and I went for breakfast. It was very chilly in the morning, the mist was falling heavily. We wanted to have breakfast on the pier, but it wouldn't be open till 10 AM. It was cold anyways, so we went to the next best place.
The Honeymoon Cafe is a nice little spot. They were playing a mix of 90's R&B and 70's Disco/Dance/Funk music. The cold, cloudy nature outside paired with the melodies of LL Cool J and Groove Theory was lovely inside the warm and comfy cafe. I ordered the Wild Alaskan Toast, which was so fucking good. I paired it with a matcha latte, of course.
We finished up there and I had to get another coffee to go! I ordered one of their seasonal specials, which was a blueberry muffin type of deal. It was good. We left a very cold and cloudy beach, which made it easier to say goodbye. Honestly, I was happy to leave, as I was getting pretty fatigued. I was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed. I also felt anxious to get back to my own life, as I have a lot of work waiting for me to tend to. I had put a lot of things on pause during the summer, so now's my chance to finally get back to work.
I forgot to mention, I finished up Holly Madison's book "Down the Rabbit Hole" while on vacation. I binged "The Girl's Next Door" earlier in July and I started listening to Holly and Bridget's podcast. I found the book and downloaded it for $3. What an eye-opener. I knew Playboy was sleazy, but I didn't know how severe the toxicity was. No one ever watched for Hef, we always watched for the girls.
Anyways, I'm currently working on my gut health after my very reckless eating. I'm trying to eat clean while consuming enough protein to sustain my workouts. Brown rice, avocado, ginger tea, etc... I do plan on visiting Spirit this week, so that's something to look forward to. I have to render up a new profile pic and header for my social media accounts. I also need to work on an artist bio for my website. But now, I must eat a bagel with cucumbers and avocados.
Blessed Be!



No comments:
Post a Comment