Tuesday, May 13, 2025

The Slumber Party Massacre (1982) Film Review

 


    Just watched The Slumber Party Massacre last night! It was pretty entertaining, not the best movie in the world of course, but still enjoyable. It's a good film to have on in the background.

    It's funny seeing all of the "teenagers" look the same as the "adults". You know, lots of sexualization towards minors in horror films. I understand this film was supposed to be a parody of slasher films in general, so I guess that's the point.

    We start the film with nudity right away! I would never step out of the house without a bra on!! Trish, the main character, throws away her toys when she could've donated them :( lol, I know it's symbolic of her growing up from a girl into a woman.

    Trish is at school during gym class, playing with her friends and the new girl Valerie. They all go to the showers, showing off ass and titties, while scrubbing their asses and talking about sports. It's so funny! Trish wants to invite Valerie to her slumber party, but Diane doesn't want Valerie to come because she's jealous of her.

    Poor Diane, she's just trying to bust a nut and her boyfriend gets killed. She was next!! Valerie's little sister Courtney is funny, she snuck up into her room to look through a Playgirl magazine.

    Everyone dies except Trish, Valerie and Courtney. The murderer, Russ Thorn, delivers a gross monologue that is very metaphorical.

Russ Thorn: [to Trish] You're pretty. All of you are very pretty. I love you. It takes a lot of love for a person to... do this. You know you want it. You'll like it. Yes...
Trish: No... please... I don't even know you.

    It's important to mention his giant, impractical, phallus-like drill that he uses to kill everyone with. Metaphors and all. Valerie's a badass and attacks him with a machete and kills him twice. They cry. The End.

    I think I would've enjoyed the film much more if the director was able to fulfill her true vision, making a full-on parody out of slasher films. The film wouldn't have fallen so flat. It was kind of just meh, you know?

    I noticed that there was a 2021 re-imagining of the film?! I have to give that a watch. I'm gonna have to give the sequels a watch as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...