Thursday, September 4, 2025

"Envenom" Sabbat Album Review

 


    I had this album saved in my "Watch Later" playlist for a bit, maybe a couple of months? Anyways, I decided to give the album a listen while I was typing out a blog post. Here are my thoughts.

    Sabbat is a Japanese, more Thrash than Black Metal, band that formed in the early 80's. From then on, the band was plagued with mishaps, ranging from band members leaving, or shows being cancelled. This led to some gaps in between their EP's and an even larger one for the debut, "Envenom". I assumed the band was influenced by "Venom", due to the album title, and I was correct. Not a hard guess, lol!

    I should've known the album would've sounded more thrash just by the title alone. Thrash is one of my least favorite metal genres, so I don't think my rating will be very fair. The album might sound better to someone who has an ear for that genre, but for me, I didn't like it as much.

    The album starts off with this really cool instrumental, it's easily one of my favorite tracks off the album. It's very cryptkeeper, candelabra, you know? This leads into the next track, "Satan Bless You", which is probably the best song off of the album, in my opinion. It's a pretty standard song, the vocals are good. It's a good first track. I'd have to say my second favorite track off the album was "Reek of Cremation", solely for the guitar solo. The album has a couple of really neat solos on it.

    My least favorite song featuring vocals on the album would be "Carcassvoice", I don't really vibe with the higher pitched vocals. It's kinda funny to listen to, lol. My least favorite instrumental would be "Dead March", I just don't like it. I noticed that the track "Eviler" has more of a punk/d-beat sound, but it's not my favorite. You could just listen to bands like Dust Noise or Disclose in that case.

    The album ends with the same instrumental as the beginning and that's it! I have to rate the album a 6/10. Again, I am not a fan of Thrash at all, so don't bust my balls. Check it out yourself if you like that sound. I might give a different album another chance, but the likelihood is slim. Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Normal

      My dress for the Quince! It's a pretty dress, I'm sure it'll be useful again one day. I'm not used to showing so much ...